Response to Doubts About Plastics Injection Molding as to How Its Steps Are.
a technology for the productions of a variety types of plastics used in various industries and our daily lives. Now, come along with me and let’s see how the process works and what the interesting advantages are.
Getting to Know the “Plastics Injection Molding”.
The plastics injection molding is the most popular plastics molding process because the plastics workpieces can be produced in large quantities and quickly, strong and durable and that plastics in various forms can be acquired. This process begins with the use of hard plastics pellets for melting until becoming softened and then injected into 3D steel mold for forming up. After, the plastics is cooled off, it becomes hardened according to the form of the mold we have designed.
In Summary, Plastics Injection Molding Can be Divided Into 6 Steps as Follows:
- Feeding: Plastics pellets are fed into the injection molding machine through the feeding pipe which, in general, small and round plastics pellets easy for feeding will be fed into the plastics injection molding machine.
- Melting: Plastics pellets are melted by heat from the heater. The plastics melting temperature will vary according to the type of plastics. Normally, the plastics melting temperature ranges from 100 to 300 degrees Celsius.
- Injection: The melted plastics is injected into the mold at high pressure. The injection pressure varies according to the size and form of the plastics workpiece to be produced.
- Filling: The melted plastics is filled until the mold is filled up during which the plastics will flow through the gaps of the mold until the mold is completely filled up.
- Cooling: The melted plastics will be cooled off until it becomes hardened according to the form of the mold. Generally, it takes about 5-10 seconds for the plastics to cool off.
- Ejection: The mold will be opened to allow the plastics workpiece to come out. In general, the mold is opened by hydraulic system.
Advantages of Plastics Injection Molding:
- Can produce plastics workpieces in large quantities and quickly because the machine for forming the plastics can produce hundreds of plastics workpieces per hour.
- Can produce plastics workpieces with complex forms, such as, car parts. electronic components, packaging and toys.
- Plastics workpieces are strong and durable due to the reason that quality raw materials and the injection molding according to the designed mold, are used.
Examples of Workpieces Produced by Way of The Plastics Injection Molding:
Plastics produced by way of the injection molding process is the plastics that we have commonly encountered in our daily lives as in the following examples:
- Auto parts, such as bumpers, visors, light frames.
- Electronic components, such as, plug sockets, circuit boards.
- Packaging, such as, bottles, cans, boxes.
- Toys, such as, dolls, cars.
- Other plasticss used in daily life, such as, cutlery, plates, glasses, etc.